Fall is the best time to schedule furnace maintenance in Cincinnati, specifically by October when nighttime temperatures start to drop below 50℉. You can expect several months of even harsher weather, so don’t wait until your heating system breaks down on one of the coldest days (when furnaces are most likely to stop working). We recommend scheduling heating maintenance at least once a year and if you haven’t yet this season.
Timing Your Furnace Maintenance Visit
When scheduling annual heating maintenance, sooner is better than later. The longer you wait, the busier the HVAC company will be with service calls. If you call early, you’ll have more flexibility as to the day and time the contractor can visit. There’s less of a chance your schedule will be disrupted, or of having to wait for a technician to arrive in an emergency.
As to when to schedule furnace maintenance, here are some tips:
- End of Summer/Early Fall: In Cincinnati, it doesn’t take long for the summer heat to fade. September and October are great times to request furnace maintenance. Your furnace will be ready for the cold days ahead.
- If It’s Been More Than a Year: Schedule maintenance as soon as you realize your furnace hasn’t been inspected professionally in the past year. An annual maintenance check can spot potential issues and ensure the unit operates at peak performance.
- Before Times of Heavy Use: Cincinnati often sees extended periods of cold weather. If you know the cold is coming, have your furnace checked, no matter what month it is. An HVAC technician can perform tasks that ensure the unit works efficiently and safely through any cold period.
- If You Notice Unusual Issues: Call a maintenance professional if there’s uneven heating, cold air blowing from vents, strange noises from your furnace, it emits gaseous odors, or your energy bill spikes. They can fix the problem before it escalates.
- After the Winter: A post-winter furnace check may be wise if it’s been used heavily throughout the season. Some winters are harsher than others. When in high demand, a furnace can be strained and issues can crop up; addressing them promptly can avoid larger, more expensive problems later.
Benefits of Timely Furnace Maintenance in Cincinnati
Maintaining your furnace avoids uncomfortable disruptions in heating. You also won’t be left in the cold during the first chilly night. When fall arrives, the winter rush isn’t far behind. It doesn’t hurt to be ahead of the crowd and request service at your convenience. Timely furnace maintenance improves:
- System Performance: A well-maintained furnace will provide reliable, consistent, and even heat throughout your home.
- Safety: When parts of your furnace become too dirty, wear out, or are damaged, a fire or carbon monoxide leak can occur. A maintenance technician will find and correct any issues so there are no safety hazards.
- Energy Efficiency: Calibrating the thermostat, cleaning the furnace, making small adjustments, and performing minor repairs can reduce the amount of energy needed to heat your home, lowering your utility bills.
In addition to saving money on your utility bill, you can also save by avoiding costly repairs. Worn parts are replaced before they cause more damage. Scheduling furnace maintenance every year can extend the unit’s life as well. Replacing worn parts ensures it’ll always work at peak performance.
What Are the Most Important Aspects of Furnace Maintenance?
Furnace maintenance entails a few steps. When you schedule your annual tune-up, our technicians will perform a thorough inspection to check for wear and tear, flue blockages, cracks in the combustion chamber, and other problems. They’ll also clean dust and dirt out of your furnace plus lubricate moving parts to reduce friction and wear. Other key steps include replacing the filter, testing the thermostat, checking safety switches, and testing for gas or carbon monoxide leakage.
Call Wingate for Furnace Maintenance in Cincinnati
Our licensed HVAC professionals provide high-quality furnace inspections and tune-ups for customers in the Cincinnati area. They perform a wide range of tasks that can improve furnace performance, safety, and efficiency as well as save you money over time. As a member of our VIP Maintenance Program, you’ll receive automatic reminders to schedule maintenance, plus reduced service fees and repair discounts. For more information or to schedule furnace maintenance in Cincinnati, call (513) 597-0383.