The roof protects your home from rain, snow, ice, wind, and debris. Any issues with it can leave the structure vulnerable to the elements and susceptible to leaks. An inspector can find developing problems to fix before the damage gets worse. However, not everyone schedules roof inspections in Cincinnati regularly. But with Wingate, you can request a complete roof inspection at any time.
Should I Schedule a Roof Inspection?
Industry professionals often advise having your roof inspected every two to three years in Ohio (or annually if you’re extra diligent). If a few years have passed since your roof was last checked, a technician should look for damage or structural issues.
Here are our recommendations on when to schedule a roof inspection in Cincinnati:
When the Weather Is Warm and Dry
In general, roof inspections are recommended in the spring and fall.
A Cincinnati winter can be quite harsh. We’re accustomed to prolonged cold spells and frequent snow and ice. These conditions can contribute to wear and damage to shingles, gutters, and other roofing elements. A roof inspection is a good idea after the last winter storm of the season. It can help spot any damage before sun exposure, moisture, and inclement weather cause more problems.
You can also schedule an inspection in the summer. Roofing professionals can come out whenever it is warm and dry. It’s also a slower time of year for roofing contractors, so you may find a discount on materials and labor if any repairs are needed.
Scheduling your roof inspection for the fall isn’t a bad idea either. Fall maintenance is an opportunity to repair damage, replace shingles or tiles, and clean out gutters and downspouts before winter weather begins.
You Notice Signs of a Roof Leak
A storm with high winds and hail can easily cause roof damage. Be proactive after severe weather and call a professional. They can find issues an untrained eye may not spot. But request an inspection right away if you notice these signs your roof is leaking:
- Damaged Drywall: A roof leak can let in moisture that causes drywall to crack or become discolored.
- Water Damage in the Attic: Water stains, mold, or mildew on the attic ceiling are often signs of roof damage.
- Paint Damage on the Roofline: Paint can blister or peel if humidity builds up beneath it, so call a professional to inspect your roof if this occurs.
There Are Signs of Roof Damage
Checking on your roof now and then is a good idea. If you find any issues as they’re beginning, you can have them fixed before more costly repairs are needed. Signs of a roof problem include:
- Worn Shingles: Wear and tear can cause roof shingles to look worn or fall off. Schedule a roof inspection if any shingles are peeling, blistering, cracked, or show signs of curling, cupping, or flaking.
- Damaged Flashing: If you see rusted flashing or any that’s damaged or missing, your roof won’t be as watertight as it should be, so call a professional.
- Damaged Nails: If the nails that secure the shingles pop up, are rusted, or stained, a roof leak may be imminent, so the issue should be fixed promptly.
You’re Planning to Buy a New Home
A roof inspection should be scheduled before you close on a sale. Otherwise, you could be left with a hefty repair or replacement bill after you’ve committed to a purchase. That’s not a financial burden you want on top of a down payment and monthly mortgage and insurance bills.
Schedule a Roof Inspection in Cincinnati with Wingate
Our roof inspection professionals have provided Cincinnati-area homeowners with high-quality service for decades. Our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and reputation for customer satisfaction are testaments to our unwavering commitment to excellence. We provide thorough inspections and can provide any type of roof repair necessary. To schedule your roof inspection in Cincinnati, call 513-216-5699 today.